General Counsel, Medtecs Int’l Co. Ltd.
• U.S. trained and qualified attorney proficient in both Mandarin and English
• Strong research and writing skills
• Interpersonal skills to gain the support and trust of coworkers and counter-parties
• Organized, disciplined and attentive to detail
• Ability to multi-task and think analytically
* General Counsel, Medtecs Int’l Co. Ltd., Taipei, Taiwan, Feb 2020-present
Provide strategic legal advice to senior leadership covering governance, corporate and institutional legal matters; manage and mitigate potential legal risks by designing and implementing internal policies and procedures and liaising with external advisors to ensure good corporate governance; act as primary advisor to sales, marketing and procurement departments; responsible for the Company’s annual reports and sustainability efforts and reporting; responsible for managing the Company’s intellectual property; drafting and proofreading marketing material, announcements and press releases to ensure compliance and protect brand integrity.
* Senior Executive Assistant to Chairman, Medtecs Int’l Co. Ltd., Taipei, Taiwan, Feb 2020-Feb 2021
Supported the Chairman and CEO by reviewing and recommending changes to Company policies; liaise with external advisors and company secretary to manage general corporate governance, including board and annual meetings as well as ongoing disclosure obligations; act as primary advisor to sales, marketing and procurement departments; assumed responsibility for the development of the Company’s sustainability report and annual report; spearheaded the Company’s first virtual annual general meeting.
* LexisNexis (a division of Reed Elsevier (Greater China) Limited), Hong Kong, May 2012-Jan 2020
In charge of the company’s flagship publication, Hong Kong Cases, by commission content, created original content and performing legal research as required. Edited manuscripts submitted by external parties for content and organization to ensure accuracy, relevance and timeliness. Work with colleagues and customers to develop and implement continuous process improvements to achieve best practice. Managed authors and suppliers, including contract negotiations and ongoing author support, to ensure on-time delivery of content and following up on quality issues.
* Senior Legal Assistant, Sidley Austin LLP, Hong Kong, Nov 2010-2011
Assisted with legal research and preparation of various legal documents and general commercial documents; prepared A-1 documents, and helped draft prospectuses,
announcements, offering circulars, board minutes, reorganization memo and ancillary agreements.
* Executive Assistant/Legal Counsel, Medtecs Int’l Co. Ltd., Taipei, Taiwan, May 2007 to Jul 2010
Liaised with external counsel, corporate secretary and share transfer agents in preparing notices and reports required by the Singapore Exchange and the Taiwan Stock Exchange to ensure corporate compliance with regulatory requirements; produced the Company’s annual reports, from content development to production; attended board meetings and annual general meetings; assisted with drafting and reviewing board of director’s resolutions, corporate announcements and proxy statements.
* Associate, Baron, Mundie & Shelkin, P.C., New York, NY, Oct 2007-Apr 2007
Researched legal issues and co-wrote appellate briefs; communicated with opposing counsels, government agencies and clients; composed and edited documents, including complaints and motions and prepared exhibits and affidavits.
New York Law School, New York, NY, Juris Doctor, 2006
New York University, New York, NY, Bachelor of Arts, English, 2003, cum laude
Honors: NYU Dean’s List, 1999-2000; The National Dean’s List 2003
Bar Membership: Admitted to the New York State Bar (2007)
HKSI Practicing Certificate – Securities: Passed Papers 1, 7 and 8 (2012)
Fluent in English, Mandarin and Taiwanese
Leave a Reply